Thursday, August 4, 2011

Introduction

So, I suppose all Blogs needs an introduction post, no? My name is Ashley, and I will be your narrator in this wonderful and possibly scary journey. The journey? Raising a kitten.
For some people, kitten raising really isn't a huge deal. But for my boyfriend and I, it's pretty huge. Yes, we have several other fur kids but they where brought into our lives already full grown and trained. So we've never really raised anything before (except rats but they are another story).
Our fur family consists of one dog, a large mix breed named Teeka; One overweight, cranky old lady cat named Molly and two rat babies named Amani and Paix. And now, it also includes a little ball of fur named Autechre (aka Audi).

We got Audi the same way a lot of people get their kittens: From an add on kijiji. At the time, I wasn't specifically looking for a kitten. I admit, I had kitten fever but I wasn't expecting anything to come from it. I went through a lot of ads, awing and squealing over the pictures. Then one caught my eye. This little white and orange kitten with a striped tail. It was love at first sight. I don't even know what really possessed us to go through with it, but within 2 days we where on our way home with this little kitten inside a cardboard box (I had brought a cat carrier with me but he was so scared I just let him stay where he was).
We went back and forth between names, and finally decided on Autechre (Aw-Tech-Er). He doesn't seem to mind it.
He was pretty quiet the first day, but was also scared. The next day I took him to the vets office and got his first vaccinations done, flea treatment and dewormer and all that good stuff. And then he slowly started showing his true self:




He was slowly going around, investigating everything he could. Getting into everything, eating everything, chewing everything..you get the drift.
We've had him for about a week and a half now, and it's occurring to me that raising this little bugger is going to be a much bigger task than I expected.
So, come join us on our adventure of raising the little bugger, I mean Autechre!

No comments:

Post a Comment